Cine Las Americas invites filmmakers, producers and distributors to participate in The Cine Las Americas International Film Festival, now in its seventeenth consecutive year. The festival showcases contemporary films from Latin America (North, Central, South America, and the Caribbean) and the Iberian Peninsula. Films made by or about Latinos in the U.S. or the rest of the world, and films by or about indigenous groups of the Americas are also invited to participate.
To be submitted for consideration, projects must have been completed after January 1, 2012. All film entries are also eligible to participate in the festival’s non-competitive sections. For all works where the spoken language is not English, English subtitles and/or narration are required.
- Jury Awards in the categories: First or Second Dramatic Feature; Documentary Feature; Dramatic Short; and Documentary Short.
- Audience Awards in the categories: Best First or Second Dramatic Dramatic Feature and Best Documentary Feature.
- Youth Jury Award for best “Emergencia” film.
- Texas Archive of the Moving Image (TAMI) Award for best Made in Texas film.
Submissions should be at the Cine Las Americas office by the following dates and times:
- Deadline: December 13, 2013 at 5:00pm (Non-refundable entry fee US$25)
- Late Deadline: January 17, 2014 at 5:00pm (Late entry fee US$50)
- Emergencia Youth Films Deadline: January 17, 2014 at 5:00PM (Youth Films pay no entry fee)
PLEASE NOTE: submission deadlines are not postmark deadlines.
Checklist of Required Materials
- Completed on-line entry form (Cine Las Americas Entry Form or Withoutabox).
- Two DVD screeners (NTSC, Region 1 or 0) with English subtitles and/or narration if the original language is not English. Secure online screeners with passwords are also acceptable.
- Photocopy of student ID or NALIP membership card if applicable (see entry fee guidelines).
- Each film submitted by the regular deadline is required to pay a non-refundable fee of US$25.
- Films submitted after the regular deadline and before the late deadline are required to pay a non-refundable late fee of US$50.
- Emergencia Youth Film entries pay no fee.
- Students or NALIP members: US$20 regular deadline and US$40 late deadline.
- Please read the Entry Guidelines for more information about payment methods.
Send all submission materials to:
Cine Las Americas International Film Festival
Film Selection Committee
81 San Marcos Street
Austin, Texas 78702