Sententia Vera Bookshop is a multilingual + multicultural independent bookshop offering a range of new and used books, advocating for women writers and ethnic titles by authors of color. Teresa Carbajal Ravet is the owner, a Spanish linguist, chief culturist, and educator fostering communication and engagement between languages and cultures. SV Bookshop is her way of brewing your sabor for cultural titles.
* For new book orders, send an email to The Culturist with the titles, authors, and/or ISBN numbers of the new book(s) you are searching… she’ll take care of the rest.
Order your books for:
* direct-to-home delivery,
* pick-up at The Hub, or
The Emerging Voices Writers Group comes together as a resource for local writers to meet, share, and refine their talents and interests in writing FOR THE FUN OF IT. In addition, we challenge ourselves through writing workouts, book studies, dream journaling, and storytelling – creating a resource network to share resources & contacts, help flesh & flush out writing ideas, discuss favorite authors and titles, invite literary guests, and share members’ personal writing projects. We welcome you to peruse The Culturists blog to sample our members’ creative work.
Meeting schedule includes Saturday morning writing sessions at 10 AM and every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 7 PM.
*Dulce New Books
Direct-to-Home Book Orders
Used Books on eBay
SV Writers Group
Sententia Vera Bookshop is an Indie
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
– Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
– Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
– More of your taxes are reinvested in your community–where they belong.
– Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
– Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
– Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
– Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
– More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the IndieBound mission supporting local businesses and celebrating independents.