Sententia Vera Bookshop is an Indie
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community–where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the IndieBound mission supporting local businesses and celebrating independents.
Reported weekly by independent booksellers across America, the Indie Bestseller Lists let you know what indie readers are buying right now.
Scrumptious Plant-Based Recipes Full of Nostalgic Holiday Holiday Flavors
Never miss out at a holiday feast again! Kirsten Kaminski, founder of The Tasty K, provides all the recipes you need to transform your meat-based holiday staples into satisfying vegan options. Swap out fatty ham for an irresistible Mushroom Wellington with Gravy. Capture all the flavors of traditional stuffing in the even-better Roasted Acorn Squash with Quinoa Stuffing. And no one will miss store-bought desserts once you have a homemade Cinnamon Apple Pie on the table. Kirsten makes each celebration delightful with 60 exciting appetizers, entrées and sides. With hearty, satisfying dishes such as Mushroom Bourguignon, Miso-Tofu Meatballs and Dijon Scalloped Potatoes to replace all the old meat-heavy, dairy-filled fare, you can feel the holiday spirit any time of year.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kirsten Kaminski is the founder of the vegan cooking blog, The Tasty K. Her recipes have been featured in Thrive magazine, Best of Vegan and feedfeed. She lives in Berlin, Germany.