Sententia Vera, LLC is a Cultural Communication and Community Relations & Development consultancy offering bilingual public relations, Latino community outreach & engagement, and bilingual literary editing and promotion.
Sententia Vera specializes in the sincere development and implementation of community outreach programs with the Latino communities, including social & community awareness initiatives. Sententia Vera works with the organization to create programs that promote the organization’s image in a positive and community-oriented way. Sententia Vera sets up internal & external events, fairs and other community events to introduce the organization to the Latino community.
Sententia Vera provides culturally relevant, genuine communication with its bilingual transcreations, translations, localization, content writing, editing and literary project promotion. Specializing in bilingual literary projects authored and created by women and women of color.
Cultural Community Relations & Development
- Development of Community Relations
- Content Writing
- Donor Relationships & Sustain Gifts
- Grant & Award Writing
- Develop Community Partnerships
- Strategize & Develop Outreach Efforts
Cultural Community Engagement & Communication
- Culturally Relevant Communication & Public Relations
- Bilingual Content Creation & Copywriting
- Website Maintenance
- Bicultural Email Marketing & Social Media Engagement
- Creation of Email Marketing & Social Media Editorial Calendars
Bilingual Transcreation & Spanish Translation & Localization
- Culturally Relevant & Bilingual Transcreation**
- English <> Spanish Translation, Localization, Editing & Proofreading***
- Areas of Specialization: Literary, Academic/Educational, Social Research, and Cultural & Service Industries.
- Cultural Content Marketing and Communication, creating relevant, effective and accurate cultural and bilingual messaging for the client’s target audience
- Creative Bilingual Writing, Editing, Copywriting, Copyediting, and Proofing for Final Print & Publication
- Literary Project Promotion, Book Proposal, Query Letter
** “Transcreation is a term used chiefly by advertising and marketing professionals to refer to the process of adapting a message from one language to another, while maintaining its intent, style, tone and context. A successfully transcreated message evokes the same emotions and carries the same implications in the target language as it does in the source language. Increasingly, transcreation is used in global marketing and advertising campaigns as advertisers seek to transcend the boundaries of culture and language.”
*** “The terms “editing” and “proofreading” are sometimes used interchangeably in the translation industry, but editing generally means checking the translation for errors, omissions and mistranslations by comparing it to the source document, while proofreading generally means reading the target document and finding target language errors.”
~From How To Succeed as a Freelance Translator by Corinne McKay
“Teresa proved herself to be the best of community partners for Austin Community College’s Big Read program in 2010. She brought fantastic ideas, timeliness, and good cheer to all interactions; her work helped support a variety of local authors. A delight to work with.”
Charlotte Gullick Consultant, Smarter Learning Group
Diana L. Gorham
"As a member of the YWCA Management Team, [Teresa] successfully helped to nurture the YWCA culture of a diversity of people and ideas, a spirit of inclusiveness, a global perspective, and a sense of community."
Diana L. Gorham Executive Director (Retired)
- My Tweets
Sententia Vera Cultural Hub
Bookshop | CoWorking Space | Community Engagement | Coffee Bar