Sententia Vera, LLC is a Cultural Communication and Community Relations & Development consultancy offering bilingual public relations, Latino community outreach & engagement, and bilingual literary editing and promotion.
Sententia Vera specializes in the sincere development and implementation of community outreach programs with the Latino communities, including social & community awareness initiatives. Sententia Vera works with the organization to create programs that promote the organization’s image in a positive and community-oriented way. Sententia Vera sets up internal & external events, fairs and other community events to introduce the organization to the Latino community.
Sententia Vera provides culturally relevant, genuine communication with its bilingual transcreations, translations, localization, content writing, editing and literary project promotion. Specializing in bilingual literary projects authored and created by women and women of color.
Cultural Community Relations & Development
- Development of Community Relations
- Content Writing
- Donor Relationships & Sustain Gifts
- Grant & Award Writing
- Develop Community Partnerships
- Strategize & Develop Outreach Efforts
Cultural Community Engagement & Communication
- Culturally Relevant Communication & Public Relations
- Bilingual Content Creation & Copywriting
- Website Maintenance
- Bicultural Email Marketing & Social Media Engagement
- Creation of Email Marketing & Social Media Editorial Calendars
Bilingual Transcreation & Spanish Translation & Localization
- Culturally Relevant & Bilingual Transcreation**
- English <> Spanish Translation, Localization, Editing & Proofreading***
- Areas of Specialization: Literary, Academic/Educational, Social Research, and Cultural & Service Industries.
- Cultural Content Marketing and Communication, creating relevant, effective and accurate cultural and bilingual messaging for the client’s target audience
- Creative Bilingual Writing, Editing, Copywriting, Copyediting, and Proofing for Final Print & Publication
- Literary Project Promotion, Book Proposal, Query Letter
** “Transcreation is a term used chiefly by advertising and marketing professionals to refer to the process of adapting a message from one language to another, while maintaining its intent, style, tone and context. A successfully transcreated message evokes the same emotions and carries the same implications in the target language as it does in the source language. Increasingly, transcreation is used in global marketing and advertising campaigns as advertisers seek to transcend the boundaries of culture and language.”
*** “The terms “editing” and “proofreading” are sometimes used interchangeably in the translation industry, but editing generally means checking the translation for errors, omissions and mistranslations by comparing it to the source document, while proofreading generally means reading the target document and finding target language errors.”
~From How To Succeed as a Freelance Translator by Corinne McKay
Ángela Jo Touza-Medina, M.A., LL.M.
"[Teresa] has a track-record of designing and implanting project, procedures and plans that prompt and position the entities with which she is involved for growth. Such has been the case with her time as contract Development Director at the YWCA Greater Austin where she set the ground work to revamp and renew our approach to friend
Ángela Jo Touza-Medina, M.A., LL.M. YWCA Greater Austin | Executive Director
“Teresa is an outstanding Spanish-English translator. She is adept at taking “company jargon” and translating it into culturally-accurate and lingo-centric language, easily understood by our target audiences. Teresa is skilled, knowledgeable and did a significant amount of research to give us the best translation possible. She performed her tasks on time, within our small budget
Stacy Erhlich Executive Non-Profit Professional and Consultant
- My Tweets
Sententia Vera Cultural HubBookshop | CoWorking Space | Community Engagement | Coffee Bar